On May 26 at 1:30 PM, join us live on Facebook for Derby Day - an epic race car competition featuring cars built from only maintenance parts. Watch them fly a pinewood derby-style track. Hefty cash prizes will be provided to the winners!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Watch this training video to learn more, featuring our very own Jorge Blanco Multi-Maintenance Mania Champion and NAA Maintenance Mania Hall of Famer
- Download these specifications to ensure you car is built correctly. Double and triple-check your plans to ensure you meet parameters!
- Register online by May 1 to receive your wheels in the mail, limited to 50 participants.
- Committee Members will pick-up your car at your property during the week of May 10 or 17. Or, you can drop your car off at AOBA's office on Thursday, May 20 from 9 AM - 4 PM.
- We will be taking pictures of your car, you with your car, and potentially recording a video of your property/teammates cheering for you.
- We will incorporate these pictures/videos throughout the awards show on June 2 at 1:30 PM. Tag any posts you make with this hashtag: #AOBADerbyDay
- AOBA members will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite car - winners will receive a hefty gift!
- Committee Members will deliver your cars to the race track on May 26.
HOW TO TUNE IN:
- Beginning at 1:30 PM, you can tune in on AOBA's Facebook to watch your car race and cheer on your fellow colleagues. We will try to produce a schedule in advance, so you have a better understanding of when your car is racing.