AOBA's Golf Committee is modifying the tournament to keep attendees and golfers safe. View more details below.
AOBA's Golf Committee, led by Destiny Igiebor, Deputy Director of Operations/Regional Property Manager with Scott Management, Inc. and Dani Bressler, Director of Business Development with Toepfer Construction Co. Inc., is shifting AOBA's famous Golf Tournament to ensure the safety of golfers and attendees.
AOBA's Golf Committee
AOBA's Golf Committee, beginning from top left corner: Destiny Igiebor, Scott Management, Inc.; Brandy Peak, AOBA; Sasha Serpa, Quality Air Services; Dani Bressler, Toepfer Construction Company, Inc.; Stephen Clement, Admiral Security Services, Tony Roberts, Vito Plumbing and Services; Todd Anderson, Moore & Associates, Inc.; Ali Niroo CNSG (Converged Network Services Group); Susie Sanin, Minkoff Company, Inc.; Jeff Jensen, UG2; Robert Carter, CNSG (Converged Network Services Group); Audra Vernier, Bozzuto Management Company; Carrie Ehart, Raine & Son, LLC.
AOBA's Golf Committee, beginning from top left corner: Sasha Serpa, Quality Air Services; Brandy Peak, AOBA; Dani Bressler, Toepfer Construction Company, Inc.; Destiny Igiebor, Scott Management, Inc.; Stephen Clement, Admiral Security Services; Katie Kirkwood, UG2; Robert Carter, CNSG (Converged Network Services Group); Susie Sanin, Minkoff Company, Inc.; Carrie Ehart, Raine & Son, LLC.; Devaunte Morgan, CertaPro Painters of Arlington; Joseph Gargiulo, Stuart Dean Company, Inc.
Here are the highlights of the changes:
- Playing in a safe environment: The U.S. Golf Association sanctions Woodmont County Club's course as safe to play. “Throughout this process, our primary focus has been the safety and well-being of everyone involved, including our players, volunteers, host club representatives and staff,” said John Bodenhamer, senior managing director of Championships for the USGA.
- All Activities Are Outside: This scenic view is yours to share before and after the golf tournament. Practice your putts on the putting green, warm up on the driving range, and enjoy some fresh breakfast before the tournament begins at 10:30am. After the tournament, join us for live music, golf awards, raffles, cornhole, and so much more, all at a social distance of course.
- Food and Beverage Safely Managed by Catering by Catering Staff: There is nothing better than an ice-cold beverage on a warm sunny day. Beverage carts with chilled drinks will meet you throughout the day. Breakfast fruits and pastries will be served to you by the chef, lunches will be pre-packaged, and the reception will include chef stations serving delicious BBQ. The catering staff is securely and safely handling all food and beverage items with gloves and masks.
- Golf Carts Include Protective Shields: Woodmont's dedication to the safety of attendees is exactly why the U.S. Golf Association is proceeding with the Women's Amerature tournament. All golfers will have access to a golf cart with a protective shield. This protective shield safeguards all riders as they travel throughout the day while providing the opportunity for golfers to connect after a long time away from each other
- Micro-Engagement Opportunities: To limit the crowd size, micro-engagements will occur throughout the day. Sponsors will be at every tee so you can network with your favorite AOBA members. Tables will be spaced six feet apart. Bars will have floor spacing and protective shields. Cornhole is the perfect social distancing game you can play during the reception.
Schedule of Events: Monday, September 21, 2020 | Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Maryland.
To learn more, please contact Brandy Peak.
Congratulations to the 2019 AOBA Golf Tournament Winners!
Champion – Dustin Johnson Flight: Kelly Murray, Willie Whitley, Bryan Grackin, Larry Edmonds, Capitol Pest and Acadia Windows & Doors
Runner Up – Dustin Johnson Flight: Ben Comm, Shane McLaughlin, James Collins, Billy Peel, Cushman & Wakefield
Champion – Rory McIlroy Flight: Brendan Crowley, Chad Harrell, Scott McNelis, Eric Tucker, Ferguson Facilities Supply
Runner Up – Rory McIlroy Flight: Chuck Castle, Ray Querey, Sasha Serpa, Jim Stanton, Ace Fire Extinguisher Service
Best Ball Division:
Champion – Jordan Spieth Flight: John DePhillip, George Hilton, Jason Church, Chris Spurr, Elevator Control Service
Runner Up – Jordan Spieth Flight: Heath Chilcoate, Julie Gasque, Page Pollock, Trey Parrish, Red Coats
Champion – Morgan Pressel Flight: Brian Scott, Kevin Cunningham, Bryan Sobonya, Brandon Luxenburg, Valcourt Building Services
Runner Up – Morgan Pressel Flight: Brian Alford, Justin Duffie, Chris Kelley, Rawles Wilcox, Grady Management