David H. Hillman Maverick Award
This award highlights key characteristics of AOBA’s late member David H. Hillman, who was noted for his exceptional and innovative commitment to both his industry and community.
The winner will be an AOBA member who humbly demonstrates unwavering enthusiasm in identifying, researching, and solving a need; someone who meets challenges head-on offers creative solutions and inspires others to follow that person’s example in pursuit of the greater good.
Nominees must be employed by an AOBA member company at the time they are nominated. The winner will be recognized for activities that occurred in or continued into, the year when nominations were made.
A successful nominee will reflect most if not all of the elements below:
- Initiative: The nominee identifies a need and responds
- Innovation: The nominee’s volunteer activity is innovative or unique in its approach (e.g. establishing a new program)
- Impact: The nominee is making a significant positive impact
- Commitment: The nominee demonstrates substantial, continuing, and current involvement
- Inspiration: The nominee inspires others to volunteer or contribute
- Leadership: The nominee demonstrates or is developing leadership capacity
Individuals being nominated for this award will have consistently demonstrated compassion, leadership, and service, including during the current year. The charitable activities/events or services listed on the application should go beyond the nominee’s job description or duties.
Click here for the David H. Hillman Maverick Award application. Please complete all questions and fields that are required. If you have any questions, please contact Cynthia Alfaro. The 2022 nomination deadline for the David H. Hillman Maverick Award is September 16, 2022.
- 2021 - David Roodberg, President & CEO of Horning Brothers
- 2020 - Lynda Ellis, President & CEO of Capitol Concierge