Celebrate your maintenance professionals and strengthen your property teams by participating in Maintenance Mania!
Maintenance Mania® is a national competition where maintenance technicians compete against each other in skill-based games built around common maintenance activities. Nearly 20,000 maintenance technicians have signed up to compete in Maintenance Mania® since the program’s introduction. This fun sports event was developed by the National Apartment Association (NAA) to recognize and celebrate hard-working apartment maintenance professionals. The program allows maintenance staff to show off their expert skills and knowledge, and meet their peers from around the DC region.
The eight games to prove your maintenance skills during the Maintenance Mania competition include:
- AO Smith Water Heater Installation
- Frigidaire Icemaker Installation
- Halsted Click Lock Plank Installation
- Kidde Fire & Carbon Monoxide Safety Installation
- Kwikset Key Control Deadbolt Test
- Pfister TopPfit Faucet Installation
- Race Car Competition
Maintenance Mania on April 21, 2022
Martins Crosswinds (7400 Greenway Center Drive, Greenbelt, MD 20770)
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
🏁 How to Participate:
- Practice Sessions: The Maintenance Mania Committee hosts several practice sessions leading up to Maintenance Mania. There is no cost to attend, but we do need you to pre-register to ensure we don't exceed capacity.
- Become A Sponsor
- Cheer Your Teammates: Members are encouraged to come and cheer for their team members, however, registration is required. The fee to participate as a cheerleader is $65 per person, which includes the Reception and Awards program. Click here for Cheerleader Registration.
🏁 Maintenance Mania Awards
The Maintenance Mania Committee hosts the Maintenance Mania Awards to recognize our region's exemplary maintenance professionals and service teams. You can apply or nominate online via or by submitting the PDF to Brandy Peak. The questions on the PDF are the same online. External judges will review the submission and score the award applications. Apply by March 21, 2022!
- Maintenance Technician of the Year
- Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
- Regional Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
- MacGyver of the Year: The person who can repair anything in an improvised or inventive way making use of whatever items are at hand.
- Rookie of the Year: Under two years of experience
- MVP of the Year: the best team player who always puts the team first
- Best Service Team of the Year
🏁 A Look Back at Past NAA Maintenance Manias
At the 2019 NAA Maintenance Mania held in April, over 50 local maintenance staff from 7 member firms competed in games that highlight multifamily maintenance professionals. In addition, approximately 125 “Spectators” provided enthusiastic support for their company teams. Congratulations to Maintenance Mania National Champion Rachid Chabraoui of Kettler Management Co. A great victory for this industry professional, Kettler, and AOBA's region. Rachid Chabraoui represented for AOBA's regions with teammates Jaime Lopez and Pedro Martinez, pictured here at the regionals earlier this year. Other 2019 winners were Pedro Martinez and Jamie Lopez also of Kettler Management.