High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles provides a comprehensive overview of high-performance sustainable buildings and exposes you to the critical components of sustainability where building systems and the ecosystem intersect. As an industry professional, you will gain insight into understanding and tackling building performance issues that impact local environmental issues and global climate change; integrating high-performance building standards and guidelines; identifying and overcoming the hurdles to achieving true high-performance; and attaining top-to-bottom organizational buy-in for sustainable building initiatives.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and tackle building performance issues that impact local environmental issues and global climate change
- Integrate high-performance building standards and guidelines
- Identify and overcome the hurdles to achieving true high-performance
- Attain top-to-bottom organizational buy-in for sustainable building initiatives
Key topic areas:
definition of sustainability in the built environment • justifications for high-performance initiatives • market dynamics • resource management concepts • benchmarking value and standards for design review • building interiors and enclosure overviews • integrated systems and commissioning concepts • water and wastewater system considerations • renovation and tenant improvement guidelines • sustainable contracting and vendor management principles • transportation • engagement (communications and marketing) • finance/portfolio considerations
- If you do want to earn the High-Performance Sustainable Buildings Designation, please enroll here: https://www.aoba-metro.org/events/hp---high-performance-sustainable-buildings-designation. The first 15 students who enroll in the designation will receive a partial scholarship. The partial scholarship reduces the cost of the designation from $3,300 to $2,475, a savings of 25%, or $825 per course!!
- All books will be printed and available on the first day of the course
- New students enrolling in the designation incur an additional $225 fee
- Current designation holders enrolling in a second designation program incur an additional $100 fee
- Students taking this course for CPD credit incur an additional charge of $100
For More Information:
Susan Hammer, RPA, BOMI-HP, LEED AP O+M
Vice President/General Manager
Susan Hammer has over 34 years of high-rise commercial property management experience overseeing assets in several U.S. markets and is currently Vice President/General Manager for JLL managing AMA Plaza, a 1.5 million square foot multi-tenant office building and The Langham hotel in Chicago, Illinois where she has served for 16 years. In 2013, she received the Property Management Professional of the Year award from the Building Owners and Managers Association of Chicago. In 2016, AMA Plaza was presented with BOMA International’s Outstanding Building of the Year award (TOBY) in the Over 1 Million Square Feet category. Susan is a leader in sustainability initiatives and has received additional environmental awards and certifications for the properties she oversees including most recently, Beacon Capital Partner’s Blue Star award for energy conservation and building efficiency.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Kansas and a Master of Business Administration in Real Estate and Finance from DePaul University. She also is an Illinois Real Estate Broker and holds the BOMI Real Property Administrator and High Performance (RPA|BOMI-HP) designations, and is a LEED Accredited Professional with an Operations and Maintenance specialty. She is a member of the BOMA/Chicago faculty teaching courses in the RPA and HP tracks and is Chair of the BOMA/Chicago Education Committee. Susan has also served BOMA as a local, regional and international TOBY judge and is currently Co-Vice Chair of BOMA International’s Awards Committee.