Inaugural Events (Tentative)
Thursday, January 19
2:00pm: Welcome Event at the Lincoln Memorial
3:00pm: Wreath Laying Service at Arlington National Cemetery
7:30pm: Candle Light Reception at Union Station
Friday, January 20 (Inauguration Day)
8:30am: St. Johns Church Service
9:30am: Inauguration Day Tea at the White House
11:25am: Inauguration Swearing-In Ceremony at the Capitol
2:15pm: The Presidential Review of Troops on the East Steps of the Capitol
2:45pm: Presidential Inaugural Parade Begins
7:00pm: Inaugural Balls
Saturday, January 21
10:00am: National Prayer Service at the National Cathedral.
Also, the following are tips for commercial members* in DC to consider in preparation for the Inaugural, to be held on
Friday, Jan. 20, 2017:
- Update Tenants frequently – event plans change as the event draws closer.
- Identify at least two different access/egress points at your property. This will ensure an alternate method of access should Secret Service change plans at the last minute.
- Establish an effective communication method for your building team and tenants, in case of any unplanned/unforeseen circumstances.
- Arrange a check in point for the property, where guests can check in. In addition, ask Tenants to arrange their own check-in as a secondary security measure.
- Set up advance training for security guards and staff that will be present on the day.
- Establish which tenants are having parties and work with them to ensure their catering vendors, etc. have access to the property the day prior to inauguration day.
- Identify how many catering trucks you can have in your loading dock and can plug into electrical service for chilling/heating purposes.
- Work with MPD for them to use your property as a warming station.
- Ensure you have additional security/janitorial staff if your tenants are having events.
- Ensure your staff are aware they need ID and arrive at the property prior to the Secret Service defined inner area is closed.
- Ensure tenants are aware of the fire code limitations in terms of equipment used within their suites as well as the number of people permitted within the suite
* Special thanks to Emergency Preparedness Committee member Dorothy Hamilton, Stream Realty Partners, and David Paulos, Whelan Security for sharing these tips!