Protecting and Enhancing the Value of Members' Investments
Please note: You must be logged in as a member to access the Advocacy section pages on this site.
AOBA's non-partisan government affairs activities in DC, Maryland and Virginia provide members with substantial savings in utilities, property taxes and other regulatory fees -- savings that enhance value to owners, tenants and residents. Brief highlights of AOBA's advocacy accomplishments in 2018 are included in the 2018 Year in Review publication.
AOBA's advocacy efforts are focused on:
- guarding against burdensome tax increases and inappropriate regulations;
- seeking reasonable building regulations;
- advocating before public service commissions to keep energy costs down;
- promoting responsible housing regulation to preserve affordability; and
- reducing government costs and hassles.
For specific questions and assistance, contact AOBA's Advocacy team:
Regional Advocacy Issues: Nicola Whiteman, Esq., Senior Vice
President of Government Affairs