RPA/FMA - Design, Operation, Maintenance of Building System, P. II
This is a virtual-live-instructor-led course.
Thursday - Sunday, November 11-14 from 9:00am EST - 5:00pm EST
The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II is for property and facilities managers who need to make management decisions about various building systems and sites. Your decisions will increase occupant safety and comfort while facilitating building efficiency to meet the business goals of an organization. Critical topics in this course include electrical systems and lighting, elevator maintenance and modernization, pest and solid waste management, security issues, fire and life safety systems, and energy management concerns. The topics covered will help you analyze and manage your building systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Effectively analyze, manage, and optimize building systems
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency of building systems
- Understand the successful management of pests, solid wastes, energy, and security and life-safety systems.
- Evaluate and implement best practices for increasing occupant safety and comfort
Key topic areas:
• security • fire protection systems • electricity (AC and DC) and its applications in building systems • energy management • pest control and solid waste management • vertical transportation systems • lighting systems • window cleaning and architectural metal maintenance • landscaping and parking
FMC and PAC certificates
FMA® and RPA® designations
- You may select a printed or e-book. All books will be printed and will be shipped to the shipping address indicated in the registration page
- BOMI charges new students enrolling in the designation an additional $225 fee
- BOMI charges current designation holders enrolling in a second designation program incur an additional $100 fee
- BOMI charges students taking this course for CPD credit incur an additional charge of $100
Operations Manager, Property Management
David Thompson joined Jamestown in May of 2017 where he works as the operations manager for the Innovation and Design Center in the Raymond L Flynn Marine Industrial park. Prior to joining Jamestown David worked for Lincoln Property at 53 State Street and Brookfield Properties at both 53 and 75 State Street. David has over 20 years of commercial real estate experience in Boston. He is a member of the BOMA Boston Engineering committee and a 1998 graduate of Eastern Nazarene College with a Bachelor’s degree in business administration.