Internships with AOBA Educational Foundation
Consider a Career in Office Building Engineering!
Exciting, rewarding, high tech positions in building operations will be available
in the Washington, DC area, with PAID Internships for Summer 2019!
- Do you like to know how things work and fix things?
- Do family and friends come to you when something they own breaks down?
- Did you love Legos® as a kid?
- Are you organized, curious, and willing to learn new technology?
- Do you like to work with people and mentor others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, a career in building engineering/operations might be for you!
Building engineering professionals make up a critical component of the trillion-dollar commercial property management industry, and they are in high demand!
We’re talking about meaningful, sustainable careers with virtually unlimited opportunities for advancement. Jobs in building engineering are stable, lucrative, and growth-oriented. You’ll receive valuable work experience and access to a wide network of professionals in this industry while being paid.
ALSO, to learn more about the types of skills you will need to succeed in various types of office building operations positions, we have created a COMPETENCY GUIDELINES Chart. It will help you understand pathways to gaining the technical training and certifications desired by commercial property management firms.
Applications for Summer 2019 will be available in January.
Visit the new AOBA Educational Foundation website for more details and check out the Testimonial videos and FAQs about this exciting career opportunity!
A paid Internship program during the Summer of 2019 – in partnership with distinguished property management companies.
How it Works
Through a series of interviews in March of 2019, the Foundation will select interns who will have the opportunity to join the staff of one of these prestigious real estate firms:
Students will work alongside experienced building engineers at office buildings in the region. Salary will be in the range of $15 per hour.
In addition to full-time employment over the summer and hands on training, the AOBA Educational Foundation Internship features these additional benefits:
* An introductory session to outline specific expectations, distribute internship materials, meet your fellow interns, and explain the details of the internship program
* Professional development programs including team building, resume/interview workshop, tours of the region’s best-managed office buildings, and specific instruction to help you land a job in this dynamic industry AND a
* Graduation ceremony and a personalized performance report from your employer