Join us to collect food and fundraise for the Capital Area Food Bank.
There are several ways to get involved:
- Organize a food drive at your building beginning on Monday, October 26th and running through November 13th. We developed a toolkit for you to use on-site at your building. It includes:
- A sign explaining the food drive to be placed with the box where residents can drop off their food
- Letters to residents
- Social posts you can use leading up to the food drive, during the campaign, and after
- Donate to the Capital Area Food Bank. We partnered with Building Maintenance Services to fundraise for the Capital Area Food Bank. BMS is matching the first $1,500 in donations! That’s 9,000 meals! $1 donated = 2.5 meals
- Purchase much-needed food items on AOBA's Amazon Registry. You need to be logged in to an Amazon account to purchase. These canned goods will be delivered to AOBA's office and will be delivered to the Capital Area Food Bank.
We are competing against MMHA for our food drive. We need every property to participate!!! The Capital Area Food Bank will count the number of items donated and the weight of the food donated to determine the winner: AOBA or MMHA
If you don't manage a property, but want to get involved, let us know. There are plenty of ways to volunteer!
PS: We are still figuring out the delivery/pickup of the food on November 13th - more information coming soon.
Join AOBA and our Community Outreach Committee, led by Anthony Curtis with Classic Concierge and Carrie Ehart with Raine and Son Plumbing, to collect food and donate from October 26 - November 13th!
In 2019 Capital Area Food Bank provided over 30 million meals to nearly 415,000 people the DC region. As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds and more people are out of work, food insecurity in our region continues to grow. The need is greater than ever.