December 1 - 4 @ RESCON Restoration: 1001 Prince George’s Blvd. suite 100 Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
15 - 18 @ Jenkins Restoration: 22980 Shaw Rd, Sterling, VA 20166
9:00am - 4:00pm
Earning your Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) validates your knowledge, enhances your reputation and credibility, boosts your confidence and earns you respect The CAMT program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system.
You'll learn about:
- Processing work orders correctly in a timely fashion, and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule
- Repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors.
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience. (This can be obtained while taking the course, you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of all CAMT coursework (totaling 80 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
For More Information:
Julio Herrera is the co-founder of AirCon Academy and an experienced vocational-technical skills instructor for over 30 years.
In 1979 Julio enlisted in the US Navy where he acquired necessary skills in maintaining and servicing various types of air conditioning systems, air handlers, chillers, hydraulics/pneumatics systems, pumps, and boilers.
After the Navy, Julio decided to continue his career as a building engineer with Washington Metropolitan Air Transit Authority (WMATA) where he developed a passion for teaching. He felt strongly about sharing and passing his knowledge to others and taught HVAC systems, Refrigeration, Electrical Motors, Schematics, Basic Electricity, and Heat Pumps, as well, as prep courses for CFC Universal and R410-A and other refrigerants to over 9,000 students during his teaching career.
"I enjoy teaching and seeing how information and knowledge which I give to my students, changes their confidence at a workplace, enhances careers and improves their financial state. I am proud of my students who are now owners of HVAC companies, directors of building engineering, or just extraordinary HVAC professionals who can troubleshoot the equipment, fix it if needed, and suggest improvements to it's maintenance."
Licenses and Certifications:
- Universal CFC.
- Masters Mechanical VA , USA
- Masters Refrigeration MD, USA
- Certified Training Generalist Certificate (Langevin Learning Services)
- Certified Instructional Designer/Developer Certificate (Langevin Learning Services)
- Master Instructor Certificate (Langevin Learning Services)