AOBA's Golf Committee, led by Destiny Igiebor, Deputy Director of Operations/Regional Property Manager with Scott Management, Inc. and Dani Bressler, Director of Business Development with Toepfer Construction Co. Inc., is shifting AOBA's famous Golf Tournament to ensure the safety of golfers and attendees.
AOBA's Golf Committee, beginning from top left corner: Destiny Igiebor, Scott Management, Inc.; Brandy Peak, AOBA; Sasha Serpa, Quality Air Services; Dani Bressler, Toepfer Construction Company, Inc.; Stephen Clement, Admiral Security Services, Tony Roberts, Vito Plumbing and Services; Todd Anderson, Moore & Associates, Inc.; Ali Niroo CNSG (Converged Network Services Group); Susie Sanin, Minkoff Company, Inc.; Jeff Jensen, UG2; Robert Carter, CNSG (Converged Network Services Group); Audra Vernier, Bozzuto Management Company; Carrie Ehart, Raine & Son, LLC.
Here are a few highlights of the changes:
- Playing in a safe environment: The U.S. Golf Association sanctions Woodmont County Club's course as safe to play. “Throughout this process, our primary focus has been the safety and well-being of everyone involved, including our players, volunteers, host club representatives and staff,” said John Bodenhamer, senior managing director of Championships for the USGA.
- All Activities Are Outside: This scenic view is yours to share before and after the golf tournament. Practice your putts on the putting green, warm up on the driving range, and enjoy some fresh breakfast before the tournament begins at 10:30am. After the tournament, join us for live music, golf awards, raffles, cornhole, and so much more, all at a social distance of course.
- Food and Beverage Safely Managed by Catering by Catering Staff: There is nothing better than an ice-cold beverage on a warm sunny day. Beverage carts with chilled drinks will meet you throughout the day. Breakfast fruits and pastries will be served to you by the chef, lunches will be pre-packaged, and the reception will include chef stations serving delicious BBQ. The catering staff is securely and safely handling all food and beverage items with gloves and masks.
- Golf Carts Include Protective Shields: Woodmont's dedication to the safety of attendees is exactly why the U.S. Golf Association is proceeding with the Women's Amerature tournament. All golfers will have access to a golf cart with a protective shield. This protective shield safeguards all riders as they travel throughout the day while providing the opportunity for golfers to connect after a long time away from each other
- Micro-Engagement Opportunities: To limit the crowd size, micro-engagements will occur throughout the day. Sponsors will be at every tee so you can network with your favorite AOBA members. Tables will be spaced six feet apart. Bars will have floor spacing and protective shields. Cornhole is the perfect social distancing game you can play during the reception.
Register to join us for the industry's best tournament!
Prices increase Sept. 1
Enjoy a great day on the course as you connect with your friends, colleagues, and associates at the annual AOBA Golf Tournament. The Tournament, held at the historic Woodmont Country Club on September 21, is an established industry highlight featuring friendly competition on a lush course. After an enjoyable day of golf, a premier networking reception and the awards ceremony features a live band, open bar, food, and raffles.
Schedule of Events:
9:00 A.M. Self Park / Registration & Breakfast, Driving Range opens
10:15 A.M. Golfers, assemble in the cart area. We may do Tee Times, depending on government regulations.
10:30 A.M. Tee-off, Scramble Format and Best Ball
11:30 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. Barbeque Lunch between North and South Courses
3:30 P.M. Tournament Ends/Turn in Scorecards
4:00 – 6:00 P.M. Reception
Open Bar beverages are available at the beverage stands along with the specialty contests and activities throughout the tournament.
*Both Captain’s Choice (Scramble) format and Best Ball (Individual Ball) format (2 low ball score) are available for the tournament. You will indicate your selection when you identify your golfers. BEST BALL FORMAT requires a verifiable handicap (highest 14), via home course telephone number or legitimate handicap system, otherwise player plays to scratch. Handicaps are required only for Best Ball format choice; they are not used for Scramble.
Special thanks to our 2020 Golf Tournament sponsors, listed below, and on the right.
|9:00 AM - 10:15 AM||Welcome Registration and driving range open. Breakfast is served|
|10:15 AM - 10:30 AM||Golfer Assembly Assemble at golfing carts. Tournament starts at 10:30am|
|10:30 AM - 3:30 PM||Golf Tournament AOBA Takes over Woodmonth! Beverages available throughout the day and enjoy specialty contests and activities throughout the tournament.|
|11:30 AM - 2:00 PM||Lunch! Lunch is served between the two courses|
|4:00 PM - 6:00 PM||Reception Dinner, open bar, cornhole tournament, raffle, live music, awards, trophies, and so much more!|
For More Information:
Associated Building Maintenance Co, Inc.
Capitol Concierge, Inc.
Red Coats, Inc
ServPro of Bethesda, Potomac, and Washington DC
Valcourt Building Services
CRS Facility Services
SOLID Surface Care, Inc.
Toepfer Construction Company, Inc.
A-1 Flood Tech
EBM Executive Building Maintenance, Inc.
Flynn Architectural Finishes, Inc.
Servpro of Rockville-Olney
Stuart Dean Company, Inc.
Building Maintenance Service, LLC
Charm City Concierge, Inc.
Espina Paving, Inc.
Minkoff Company, Inc
Tee / Green Sponsors
Arcadia Windows and Doors
Cushman & Wakefield
Grady Management, Inc.
P & R Enterprises, Inc.
Red Coats, Inc.