Summer Food Drive: Help Fight Hunger in Our Region
Join us in supporting the Capital Area Food Bank & Covenant House DC by contributing to our food drive.
The Community Outreach Committee, led by Anthony Curtis with Classic Concierge and Carrie Ehart with Raine and Son Plumbing, developed several ways to get involved:
Organize a food drive at your building beginning on Monday, July 12, and running through September 16. We developed a toolkit for you to use on-site at your building. It includes:
- Informational flyer
- Email template to residents/tenants
- Social posts you can use leading up to the food drive, during the campaign & after
- Food drive drop-off details
Purchase much-needed food items on AOBA's Amazon Registry. You need to be logged in to an Amazon account to purchase. These canned goods will be delivered to AOBA's office and will be delivered to the Capital Area Food Bank.
Food Drive Drop-off Details:
Register in advance to join us for a beverage and a light bite when you drop off your collected items.
Tuesday, September 14
- Where: Lena's Woodfire Pizza and Tap: 401 E. Braddock Road, Alexandria, VA 22301
- Time: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Food/Beverage Sponsor: Toepfer Construction Co., Inc
- Truck Sponsor: Building Maintenance Service
Wednesday, September 15
- Where: Denizen's Brewery: 1115 E W Hwy, Silver Spring, MD 2091
- Time: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Food/Beverage Sponsor: Raine & Son Plumbing and Heating
- Truck Sponsor: LSR Refinishing
Thursday, September 16
- Where: The Salt Line: 79 Potomac Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Time: 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Food/Beverage Sponsor: Total Quality Building Services
- Truck Sponsor: Associated Building Maintenance
Each year the Capital Area Food Bank has sourced and distributed the food for more than 45 million meals to people in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.