Franklin Returns as Prince George’s Council Chair
Current Council Chair Mel Franklin was elected for a second year as Chair of the Prince George’s County Council by a unanimous vote of the Council at its Dec. 2 meeting. Councilmember Derrick L. Davis was named the new Vice Chair of the Council. The Council will remain in recess until its next meeting on Jan. 13, 2015.
Council Chair Franklin announced the following leadership appointments:
· Public Safety & Fiscal Management Committee – Councilmember Patterson, Chair; Councilmember Harrison, Vice-Chair
· Health, Education & Human Services Committee – Councilmember Toles, Chair; Councilmember Davis, Vice Chair
· Transportation, Housing & Environment Committee – Councilmember Lehman, Chair; Councilmember Turner, Vice Chair
· Planning, Zoning & Economic Development Committee – Councilmember Harrison, Chair; Councilmember Glaros, Vice Chair
· Rules Committee – Councilmember Davis, Chair; Councilmember Turner, Vice Chair