Feedback Needed on DOEE Updated Stormwater Regulations and Guidebook – Deadline April 1
It has been five years since the Department of Energy and the Environment (DOEE) finalized its rules on Stormwater Management and Soil Erosion and Sediment Control. Since that time, DOEE has learned from its implementation of the regulations and recently has proposed amendments to the regulations to:
- Provide compliance flexibility and exemptions for projects that have been disproportionately burdened by compliance,
- Improve environmental outcomes through updates to the Stormwater Retention Credit (SRC) program, and
- Update review fees and processes.
In addition to these proposed changes, DOEE has updated and expanded the District’s Stormwater Management Guidebook to be consistent with the proposed regulatory amendments, as well as, to incorporate technical changes to stormwater Best Management Practice design standards.
DOEE will be receiving public comments through April 1, 2019. More Information about the proposed amendments and guidebook revisions can be found by following the below links. Members are encouraged to contact Kirsten Williams if they have comments about the proposed changes.
- Proposed Amendment to the Stormwater Management Regulations
- Proposed Revision to the Stormwater Management Guidebook