2021 Commercial Awards Celebration: A Night for Commercial Property Management to Shine
More than 120 members gathered on November 4 for an elegant evening program to celebrate the best in commercial property management. AOBA’s Commercial Awards Celebration honors the winners of the Commercial Engineer of the Year Awards, TOBY Awards, and the Knowledge and Excellence in Emergency Preparedness (K.E.E.P) Awards.
The Commercial Engineer of the Year Awards recognizes the outstanding work of those behind our office buildings' success - the engineers. Engineers can be nominated for the three categories: Chief Lead Engineer, Building Engineer, and Maintenance Tech or Mechanic.
The annual TOBY (The Outstanding Building of the Year) awards recognize 15 categories of industry excellence in all facets of the building’s operation and management. Nominees must go through a rigorous review process, including an on-site inspection tour.
The Knowledge and Excellence in Emergency Preparedness (K.E.E.P) Awards program is designed to encourage AOBA-member commercial property management teams to have effective emergency preparedness plans in place and to recognize excellence in this critical arena.
Congratulations to our 2021 Commercial Awards Winners:
- Chief Engineer of the Year: Chris Lewis with CBRE Group
- Building Engineer of the Year: Craig Dabney with Monday Properties
- K.E.E.P Award: 1625 I Street NW managed by American Real Estate Partners
- TOBY Awards
- 100,000 – 249,000 sq. ft Category: 1501 M Street, Heyday Properties
- 250,000 – 499,999 sq. ft Category: 2001 M Street, Brookfield Properties
- Earth Category: 799 9th Street, Brookfield Properties
View the full photo album below.