RPA/FMA - Design, Operation, Maintenance of Building System, P. I
This is a virtual-live-instructor-led course in partnership with BOMA Suburban Chicago.
Every Thursday beginning on March 11th and running through April 15th from 5:00pm EST - 9:00pm EST
March 11, 18, 25, April 1, 8, 15
The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I provides information property and facilities managers will need to manage the ongoing operation and maintenance of building systems and to maximize building efficiency and cost-effectiveness. In this course, you will learn about building design and construction, project delivery, construction materials, and building systems, including HVAC, roofing, and plumbing systems, as well as ceilings, flooring, and interior walls.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Implement maintenance best practices for building systems to achieve efficiencies and cost savings
- Support maintenance of building structural components in the design and construction of facilities by selecting and recommending the appropriate materials
- Describe best practices for the design, operation, and maintenance of HVAC and plumbing systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the systems required for ensuring the preservation of a building’s structural integrity
Key topic areas:
• building design and construction • construction materials • structural systems • heating, ventilating, and air conditioning • plumbing systems • the building envelope • building system controls • lifecycle costing • roofing • interior walls, ceilings, and flooring
FMA® and RPA® designations
- All books will be printed and will be available on the first day of the course
- New students enrolling in the designation incur an additional $225 fee
- Current designation holders enrolling in a second designation program incur an additional $100 fee
- Students taking this course for CPD credit inur an additional charge of $100
Clarion Construction, Inc. has promoted Jonelle Dzikowicz to senior director, business development and marketing. Dzikowicz started her career in commercial real estate in property management 15 years ago and joined Clarion in 2013. In her new position with the Lombard, Illinois-based firm, Dzikowicz’s responsibilities will include marketing, continued customer relations and development and the overall direction and supervision of the business development department. Dzikowicz received her bachelor of science in marketing from Illinois State University.
Dan Flores has 16 years of HVAC industry experience, a Bachelor's degree in HVAC Engineering Technology, and was awarded the LEED Accredited Professional designation. Dan serves on the BOMA/Suburban Chicago's Board of Directors and is an instructor for BOMA's Foundations of Real Estate Management course.