CAPS - Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor Certification
This will be a virtual, live, instructor-led course with offline group work and reading assignments.
This course is for multi-site supervisors with 24 months of multi-site supervision experience. This brand-new CAPS course will help you rise to the next level in property management. It will prepare you to be an effective portfolio supervisor which may lead to increased earning potential.
- February 7, 10:00am - 12:00pm - Introductory Session
- February 8 - 11, 8:30am - 12:30pm*
* Actual teaching time is from 9-12 with 30-minute office hours at the beginning and end of each day.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
• Achieving ethical excellence
• Understanding the management agreement and creating an owner’s report
• Stakeholder relations with residents, communities, and municipalities
• Mortgage financing
• Overseeing the budget process across a portfolio
• Measuring portfolio performance and property valuation
• Investigating and troubleshooting an underperforming property
• Property acquisition and due diligence
• Market analysis and property inspections
• Operational and financial analysis inspections
• Property development feasibility analysis
• Investment strategies, including renovation, disposition, and refinancing
• Key content for the owner/company due diligence report
• Talent development and management throughout the employee cycle
• Managing staff during property sales or purchase
• Contemporary issues, including occupancy, emotional support animals, hoarding, criminal background checks, RUBS, cybersecurity, and music licensing
Please note: Only ebooks are available for this class.
NOI Coach and NAAEI Senior Faculty
Your NOI Coach is Rich George, a successful business owner and published author that has over 30 years of business experience. Rich brings a no-nonsense approach to strategic planning and a passion for building cultures.
Rich’s background includes the management of over ten billion dollars of real-estate assets, and over 800 million dollars of capital re-investment strategies. Rich has demonstrated successful acquisitions, dispositions, merger facilitation, and repositions. Key to his portfolio is the management of highly distressed properties, including those in court receivership and turning these into assets rather than liabilities.
Rich attended Wayne State University and he is a Licensed Real Estate Broker. He has been recognized by his peers as a leader in the industry, serving on the Board of Directors for the Property Management Association of Michigan (PMAM), and as the President of The Detroit Metropolitan Apartment Association (DMAA) and as many roles in the National Apartment Association (NAA). He was recognized as one of the first graduates of the Leadership Lyceum for NAA and has is a senior faculty member of NAAEI. Rich has received the honor of the CAPS, CHPE, HOM, and ARM designations, and he is an in-demand speaker at many conferences and education events.
Known for his team building, culture-changing, and change management skills; Rich leads the market in the development of talent and increases the value of organizations and assets.