CALP - Certified Apartment Leasing Professional
This course will be given partially in-person and online with a live instructor giving
offline group work and reading assignments.
This course is for leasing consultants, concierges, and career changers with hospitality, retail, or customer service experience. Earning the CALP credential, many people’s first industry credential shows your employer that you’re committed to a career in residential property management.
Virtual Orientation - April 15, 2024 from 10:00-11:00am
Virtual Class Sessions - April 16-18, 2024 from 9:00am-2:00pm
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
Please Note: Only e-books are used for this course. Prices increase February 29th.
Regional Sales Executive
Tammy Longo is a Regional Sales Executive with ALN Apartment Data. In her exciting 20-year career she has enjoyed life in multifamily operations, marketing, and as a supplier. She is passionate about helping people grow into their right career. She is actively involved in the Virginia Apartment Management Association serving on the Board of Directors and additional committees. She is active in The National Apartment Association as well, sitting on 3 committees, teaching credential classes for them, and in 2024 she will be the Chair of the #NAAGIVES committee as well as a second time speaker at the NAA Apartmentalize conference.