Cleanup Day at James E. Duckworth School
Join us for Cleanup Day at James E. Duckworth School
The Community Outreach Committee, led by Carrie Ehart with Raine and Son Plumbing and Eric DeMunda with LAZ Parking, is cleaning up the James E. Duckworth School - a school that serves students with disabilities ages 5 through 21.
For 25 years, AOBA has proudly supported the Duckworth school by supporting school projects such as:
- Raising funds for a sensory room to assist autistic students
- Renovating the teacher's lounge and independent living apartment
- Building a blacktop track where students can exercise
- Building a mobility playground with a sunshade so students can stay cool while playing
- Creating and maintaining a nature trail
- Installing exterior lighting and an internal speaker system
This year, we need your help in preparing the school for reopening in the fall by revitalizing its landscape.
As a Cleanup Day volunteer, you will have the option to:
- Clean up the nature trail
- Weed and prune Veronica’s garden
- Plant fall plants
- Edge and trim the grounds
- And much more!
Cleanup day is a fun way for AOBA members to join together to keep the Duckworth School a clean and beautiful place for their students. Members will meet new friends, catch up with colleagues and enjoy a delicious lunch.
What Do You Need To Bring: Gardening gloves and please bring any of the following yard tools to aid the efforts: rakes, shovels, edgers, wheel barrels, etc.
What Should You Wear: Please dress appropriately for the weather and be sure to wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty.
We look forward to your support of this great community event!