RPA/FMA - Ethics is Good Business
This is a virtual-live-instructor-led course in partnership with BOMA Suburban Chicago.
June 9-10 from 5:00pm EST - 9:00pm EST
Ethics Is Good Business® ShortCourse™ will provide you with the tools to make sound ethical decisions. As you will discover, the information in this coursebook provides a framework for analyzing and responding to ethical problems. During this ShortCourse, you will read passages that reinforce the key concepts and issues presented. You will also encounter specific case studies that illustrate the need for you to have a firm ethical foundation for the decisions you will make.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental ethical terms
- Understand moral reasoning
- Identify potential ethical challenges and apply two theoretical ethical approaches to them
- Resolve difficult issues by employing an ethical decision-making model
- Cite examples of companies embracing a triple bottom line philosophy, and identify how the concept can be implemented in your organization
Key topic areas:
• the triple bottom line • tenant relations • confidentiality • recordkeeping • trade secrets • proper use of funds • conflicts of interest
FMA® and RPA® designations
- All books will be printed and will be shipped to your home address
- New students enrolling in the designation incur an additional $225 fee
- Current designation holders enrolling in a second designation program incur an additional $100 fee
- Students taking this course for CPD credit incur an additional charge of $100
Karen M. Stiansen, CPM®, CCIM, MCR, RPA, FMA, LEED AP
Vice President, Property Services
Karen has a Master of Science degree in Organizational Effectiveness from Marymount University. She recently joined Thalhimer in May 2017 as a Vice President, Property Services leading the Hampton Roads Market. Karen has 25 years of experience managing office, industrial, and retail properties as well as corporate real estate functions. Karen has been an active member for The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) serving on the Student/Academic Outreach advisory board and is a national instructor for BOMI International as well as an instructor for Apartment and Owner’s Management Association (AOBA) in Washington, DC. Her education and experience with her desire to provide the highest level of property management services help to add value to properties managed by Karen.
Awards and Activities
• Student Outreach and Academic Advisory Board, IREM, 2014-present
• National Instructor , BOMI International, 2011-present
• Instructor, AOBA, 2011 – present
• Instructor of the Month, BOMI International, October, 2014
• Instructor of the Month, BOMI International, March, 2015
• Marymount University, M.S. in Management of Organizational Effectiveness, 1995.
• Georgia State University, B.B.A. in Business Administration, 1984.
• Certified Property Manager (CPM) Designation
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designation
• Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) Designation
• Real Property Administrator (RPA) Designation
• Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) Designation
• Green Building Certification Institute (LEED AP)