Prince George's County Launches Emergency Rental Assistance Program
On May 11, Prince George's County launched the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program to help county residents with rent and utility payments during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualifying applicants may be eligible for a maximum of $1,800.00 per month for a maximum of 3 months of emergency rental assistance.
Your residents may be eligible to take advantage of this program if they are able to demonstrate that they are:
- At-risk of losing their rental housing or utility shut-off due to a COVID-19 related financial crisis and lack the financial resources and support networks needed to remain in existing housing.
- Have a current income at or below 80% of AMI, defined by HUD, as follows based on household size:
- 1-person household: less than $54,350
- 2-person household: less than $62,100
- 3-person household: less than $69,850
- 4-person household: less than $77,600
*More than 4-person household refer to agency for additional screening.
Please share the County's Informational Flyer with residents.
For additional information about applications, documentation and payments.refer to the Prince George's County website.